Wednesday 24 August 2016

Waiting for results

I don't care for me.
I care for the me that cares for you. 
I care for you. 
There are no words for how much I love you. 
Only tears. 
So many tears,
Of every shape and size. 

I care for the you I could miss.  
I care for the nights, 
Like the last,
When you call for me,
To hug the nightmare away. 
To hold you,
Until you feel calm again.  

I care for the times when you catch my gaze,
To check that you are protected.
I care for those moments,
When your eyes light at my smile,
Your face begins to glow,
And you run to throw your arms around me. 
You run to me. You choose me. 

I worry,
That if I have to leave you,
Then it might leave you,
With a hole you cannot fill,
And a loneliness you cannot shake.
I do not want that for you.
I do NOT want that for you.

Me?
I worry that I may no longer,
Have the true, true, honour,
Of being your safe place,
Of being the cradle, 
Where you rest your frantic heart.
Your burning, bursting, heart.

I worry no one will love you,
With this force of power,
This depth,
And width,
And height.
For it must mean something,
Because, to me, it is everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment